Friday, May 12, 2006

Friday Family Funnies - "First Door to the Right"

Good Friday morning to all! After my day on Tuesday, I had a hard time thinking of our Friday Family Funny, but I thought I would tell you a story about my Grandmom.

When Samuel was little, he and I rode with Mama and Eddie to Kentucky for a visit, Travis had to work and was coming up later in the week. The night he was to arrive, it was very late. When he got there, Grandmom and Grandpop were sleeping in the living room, so he ask them which room Samuel and I were in. Grandmom told him the first door on the right. Travis headed down the hallway to the first door on the right - it was locked, not from the inside, but with a chain. Travis wondered to himself, "why do they have Alyssa locked up", so he went back to Grandmom to ask her again which room I was in, she again said, the first door on the right. Once more, Travis went to the first door on the right - still chained. So, he went to Grandmom and ask her how he was to get into the room, it was chained. That's when Grandmom realized she had been telling him wrong - it was the first door on the left. She laughed and Travis finally found us.
You may be thinking, "That's really not that funny". Well, those who know my Grandparents house, know that the first door on the right goes to the basement - which at the time had no stairs. My Grandmom was sending Travis to the basement with no stairs!
Happy Mother's Day, Grandmom!

No comments: