Thursday, May 18, 2006

Thank You!

This is my first post because as many of you know I am not much of a writer. Sometimes when you get a special gift the only way to say thank you is writing it out. I work at a special place and the thing that makes it special is the people I work with. The day after the loss of my grandparents and aunt and uncle one of the first calls I made was to Matt Bradley. I knew that I needed to get folks at Upward to pray as we drove home from Charlotte. Over the next few days with phone calls, emails and cards, the people I work with just amazed me.

This week they amazd me again. First they amazed me because a group of them kept a secret from me. Then as the surprise was revieled they amazed me again. The picture above is a pencil drawing by a very talented friend of mine Chris Turner. This was the picture used in the newspaper after their death. Chris and the rest of the group from the annex wanted to do something for me and Alyssa so they all got together and framed this wonderful piece of art. So the moral of my rambling is to say thank you. Thank you for the picture, thank you for your prayers and thank you for your friendship.

Travis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a great post, Travis! Thanks for sharing. Eric and I knew about the "secret" and it was hard to keep it from you because we knew how happy you were going to be to have it!! I hope you always enjoy it. We will enjoy it when we come over to see it.

I thought if anyone wanted to see the actual photo, you can click here just to see how amazingly close to the original the drawing is. Chris, you did an awesome job!

Just so you know, Eric called me last night, and he was sitting on y'all's bed with 6 other teenage guys on the youth trip - they were laughing and talking in your room!! haha! Guys aren't allowed to do that, are they?! I thought only girls did that! :) Love you - have a fun time away!