Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Painted Toe Nails

Well, everyone seems to getting their toes ready for spring. Kristi had a wonderful time at a Day Spa yesterday getting her toe nails painted; Aunt Cindy and Ashley had a wonderful time getting their toe nails painted - I guess that Hannah Grace and Faith wanted their toe nails painted too!

At this point, Faith knew she was in trouble and wouldn't look at the camera

Hannah Grace did try to paint just her toe nails


While Daddy was out of town this past week-end, the girls and I painted our toe and fingernails. The girls loved it and continued to ask me to paint them again. I kept telling them that they didn't need painted again right now, we would paint them again on Saturday before church on Sunday... Well, today while I was trying to take quick shower, they decided to paint their own toe nails...and legs and hands.

After an hour of scrubbing them down with finger-nail polish remover in the bathtub they were finally clean and I sent them to their rooms while I headed to begin cleaning the living room. Finally around 7:30pm last night I was finished, after using every known carpet cleaner to man.

I know there are some seasoned mothers and some who might say, "One day you will laugh at this" - that is why I took the pictures from behind tears, so that one I day maybe I can laugh at the day I spent cleaning fingernail polish from my girls and carpet.

Today I plan to come down from my finger nail polish, carpet cleaner, finger nail polish remover "high".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, my! Girls! Why couldn't you have used the clear coat?!!!

SPOT SHOT... it's my new best friend. I just used it last week on some 6-month-old carpet stains, and they are completely gone. A friend told me about it, and I got some.

Wow, I hope you got some rest! Now YOU need a trip to the nail salon after that!

emily said...

oh wow... i bet you found a high, high shelf to hide that polish from now on!!!! you're right, though. you will (hopefully) laugh at this one day. i agree with kristi... it's your turn for the day spa!!! hint hint, hubby!!