Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy Mother's Day 2006

Mother's Day - a day that our family had been dreading for weeks.

A day we would not be able to go by mamaw's and wish her a Happy Mother's Day. We would not be able to hear her say, "I love all my grandkids, but there's just something about Travis".

A day we would not be able to go by Nanny's to wish her a Happy Mother's Day. Even though we were there to honor her she would end up serving us; and even though we were there to celebrate her, she wouldn't let us leave without telling each of us she loved us.

Yesterday was a bitter-sweet day. But yesterday was the best Mother's Day I have had and I believe that it would not have been so great if our family had not suffered such loss. Because Mamaw passed away last June and because of the terrible tragedy we suffered in December, I believe that we stopped and loved our moms more yesterday than we would have otherwise.

Our day started with a wonderful phone call to Candy, my step-mom then, one by one, as the kids woke up, I was greeted with a sweet "Happy Mother's Day".
We headed to church for a great breakfast prepared by the Brotherhood - I was served while Travis fed the kids.

At church, I was given these wonderful handmade Mother's Day cards.
(I am having trouble getting pictures into this post, I will try again later - this is just my card from Faith)




After church we headed down the road to Mama's house. She had invited us all there for a cook-out. She let the kids decorate a cake for me, they had such a great time.

Before supper we all took a ride in Samuels go-cart. I believe it will be a Mother's Day that Aunt Lou will never forget!

When we got home all the kids had fallen asleep in the van, but Faith woke up, and the Lord gave me time to sit and rock her just as Mother's Day was ending. I sat in the rocking chair rocking my sweet baby thanking God for choosing me to be a Mommy, and as I laid Faith down and kissed my sweet Hannah Grace and then went to kiss my sweet son, Samuel I thanked God for choosing me to be their Mommy!

I hope you enjoy these pictures of our day yesterday!




No comments: