Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Sleeping In Seattle

I'm going to go back to the beginning of our trip to Seattle...We had two good flights to Seattle and landed around 3pm. We headed to our motel and when we opened the door I saw the most wonderful sight that a tired Mommy could see - a BIG fluffy bed. I woke up the first morning and told Travis, I believe that is what it feels like to sleep on a cloud. The bed was heavenly!

We didn't do much Wednesday night because we were all tired from the day of traveling.

On Thursday morning, after sleeping late (or late to us), we went with Ryan and Sherry to the top of the Space Needle, visited Pike Place Fish Market, and visited the very first Starbucks, which happened to be my first trip to a Starbucks (just not a place you take three kids!!)



Travis had to finally go to work Thursday afternoon and guess where I headed - Yep, to that BIG fluffy bed! I woke up when Travis came back in the door later that afternoon.

Poor Travis didn't feel well most of the afternoon Thursday, but was a trooper and kept on going. He just about lost it, really lost it all, when they brought our supper to us at the Cheesecake Factory - but somehow felt well enough to have a piece of strawberry cheesecake.

We had purchased the day/night ticket at the Space Needle so we could see Seattle during the day and during the night. It was beautiful!


So, that was our day Thursday, we had such a wonderful time. It was so nice to be able to walk down the street and hold my husband's hand and spend time with him!

Once again, Blogger will not upload one of the pictures of Travis and I at the Space Needle at night. Sorry... (anybody got any tips?)

We had another big step in our house last night - Faith slept in her Big Girl Bed. She did great. She slept all night and even slept late. It has been almost four years since we have had a house without a crib, I can't believe it - my baby is not in a crib anymore! Next step: NO MORE DIAPERS!!!!!!

Have a great day! Tomorrow I will show you pictures of our trip on a Washington State Ferry.

1 comment:

Sherry and Ryan said...

WE had a great time with yall too! I am glad that you got to experience Starbucks, the Space Needle, and all that Seattle has to offer. I hate that Travis had to experience Montazoomas Revenge - maybe he was in Mexico while we were in Seattle... LOL

Faith - way to go! Arent big girl beds great? I mean, big boy beds, ummmm... big people beds! Haha