Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A Proud Moment for Dad


Last night was a proud night for Dad. Samuel had his first football practice as a Bulldog. I don't know who was more excited, Daddy or Samuel. I loved watching Travis last night; he was such a proud Dad. At one point he came to me smiling and said, "This is a day I have been looking forward to since you called me and told me I was having a son." Samuel was pretty proud too. One boy had on an Bulldog jersey and told Samuel "This was my uncle's jersey - he played for Boiling Springs", Samuel proudly replied, "This was my Daddy's jersey - he was a bulldog too!"


After they had practiced for about 30-minutes they had their first water break and we saw that Samuel looked a little upset so Travis went over to talk him. Samuel was getting upset because he didn't think he was doing good and I think was overwhelmed with the entire idea of "tackle" football ( I know I am). Travis encouraged him and said, "Listen buddy, this is isn't Upward anymore." Samuel kept going and during his second break and told his Dad, "This is fun - I like hitting!"





So, ready or not - Samuel is a proud Bulldog with an even prouder Bulldog Dad!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet my dad wishes he had a boy for this reason. I could see him doing the same thing as travis. But all he got was girls so he had to go to beauty pagents and drama plays you know all the girl stuff!!!!! But we still made him a proud daddy!!!!!
Kerrie

The Rackroom Crew said...

Can't wait till his first game, Keep us posted when and where.You know Uncle Rick always wanted 200 pound 6 foot football player and that didn't work out.
Love Aunt Cindy

Anonymous said...

Grand Dads are proud too. We get to relive our youth a second time. Is it proper to tail-gate at a little league football game?