Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Easy Apple Cobbler

We were given apples this past Sunday at church, so the girls and I headed back into the kitchen to make Apple Cobbler.

1 stick butter, melted

1 cup self-rising flour

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 cup milk

3-4 apples, peeled and sliced

4 tbsp butter, cut in small pieces

1/2 tsp cinnamon


Mix melted butter, flour, sugar and milk (I use an electric mixer to get our all the lumps) until blended. Pour mixture into baking dish and put sliced apples onto of the mixture.



Do not stir apples into mixture, it will bake around the apples and make the crust. Place the small pieces of butter on top of the apples and sprinkle with cinnamon (I also sprinkle a little sugar on top of the mixture).
Bake at 400 degrees for about 25 - 30 minutes.
Enjoy!
I also use this recipe for peach cobbler.
Big Daddy if you are reading this - yours is on the way...

2 comments:

Jerry & Kerrie said...

Where's mine????????

Jerry & Kerrie said...

I just Took my apple cobbler out of the oven and it smells so good I can't wait to get the first bite (Jerry's in class right now so It's all mine untill 9:30!!!!!!!