Monday, September 24, 2007

Miss B.J.'s Homemade Chunky Applesauce

The girls have a new Science teacher at school this year, Miss B. J. She sent home this recipe for applesauce and the girls and I had a great time making it the other night.


2 Granny Smith apples
2 Red Delicious apples
2 Golden Delicious apples
2 Gala apples
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup water

(I added about 1/4 cup brown sugar)


Directions: Wash the apples (child)





Peel, core and slice all apples (adult) I found this neat apple slicer at Target for $1.00.














Place apples in a pot, gently stir in cinnamon and pour water over all.





Cook on medium high heat for about 10 minutes; turn to low and cook until barely tender. At this point I wish that I could smell - I'm sure that the house smelled wonderful.


After cooking let cool and let you little one mash the apples with a "wavy" potato masher.


This should serve eight little ones! Yummy!



3 comments:

Sherry and Ryan said...

YUMMMMM!!! Can you pack that up and send to Colorado??? :)

Hope yall are doing well! We miss you all!

Ryan

The Rackroom Crew said...

Looks like you and the girls had a great time. I will try this.
Cindy

Jerry & Kerrie said...

I want some!!!!! Looks real good!!
kerrie