Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Woodruff Football

This past Friday night we all went to Woodruff to at High School football game. Our great friend, Jaba coaches and one of his sons, Caleb (who is in 9th grade) plays. Travis and Samuel had gone a couple of Friday's before and the girls and I stayed home, but his past Friday Travis wanted us all to go. I have to admit - I did not want to go. The girls had not rested that afternoon and really I just don't get into football. But, Travis talked me into and I'm glad he did. The Lord showed me something wonderful.



Woodruff won the football game in the last seconds - which was kind of exciting for football and we went out on the field to see Jaba and Caleb. Their coach, Coach Brown, gathered all the players and parents around and gave a victory speech. I felt like I was in the movie "Remember the Titans". And then Coach Brown did something that brought tears to my eyes. He began praying. He was thanking Jesus for their win and praying for his players. It was so wonderful to see a coach seeking Jesus. It opened my eyes and just might have turn me into a football fan because on another Friday night you will find me in the stands at Woodruff!


No comments: