Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday Family Funnies - No Arm Holes

A good thing about being the one who writes most of the post on our blog is that on Friday's I get to share Funny things about the kids or others in our family and I get to keep the funny (stupid) things that I do to myself. Well today I am going to expose how funny (dumb) I can be.

A couple of weeks ago when we went to the Woodruff Football game I saw this little girl with a adorable jumper on in the Woodruff colors. I talked about how cute it would be and how I thought I could do that.

So off to Wal-mart I go to buy a pattern and material; I find this maroon gingham print that will be great for Wooduff games. Now, I have only had my sewing machine about a year, but I feel that I am pretty crafty, so why shouldn't I be able to do this? I washed and dried the material, cut out the pattern and to my sewing machine I go.

I begin sewing up a storm - really becoming proud of the job was doing. I finished the dress except for the hem and call Hannah Grace into the room to try the dress on and to see where I need to sew the hem. We slip it over her head -great fit except that I had sewed the arm holes up with the side of the dress!

There Hannah Grace stood with a sack on with no arm holes; all pride when out the window.

I gave up for the evening.

Over the days that followed I re-thought the dress and decided to try again. This time went for a dress that Faith could wear to Bubba's games and this is the final product. I was still in a crafty mood after the dress so I made a trip to Hobby Lobby last Saturday and got the idea to make the shirts that the girls wore to the Woodruff game last week so Hannah Grace would not be left out.

Have a great week-end!

3 comments:

The Rackroom Crew said...

This is one way to make sure Hannah Grace keeps her hand to herself, hope ya'll have a great weekend See you soon
Love Aunt Cindy

Jerry & Kerrie said...

This post put a smile on my face this morning cause I had a bad morning and need to smile!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Haha, Cindy!

Oh Alyssa, let me tell you about the first time I tried to sew a bag. I sewed the straps on both sides instead of 2 straps on one side and 2 on the other! hahahaha!

Sewing isn't easy - that's what I've found! I can't read a pattern to save my life. So I just stick to pillows, blankets, and geometric stuff like quilts. One day I'll branch out and make something wearable - um, I hope!

Anyway, it turned out really cute. The pics you have of the kids lately on here have been awesome.

See you tomorrow!