Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Number of the Day

I told you on Monday that my Mother's Day greeting was "Mom, I feel sick". Well if I had only known that was just the beginning. Monday afternoon, the kids I were on our way to take a church member, who had knee replacement surgery, supper; we were almost there and Hannah Grace said, "Mommy, could you hurry up, I'm going to throw up". I told here we were almost there, not thinking she really felt sick. Well, yep, she did feel sick. As we pulled into their drive, she threw up all over (and I mean, all over) herself and the van. I delivered the food and headed home. When I got home, I called Travis to tell him that Hannah Grace was sick. He said, "that explains it - I haven't felt good all day" The next time I called him, he was on his way home because he was sick.

If you are counting, that's two family members sick. (4:00pm)

Travis went straight to bed and Hannah Grace camped out in the living room. Samuel locked himself in his room and Faith was running around asking what was for supper.

At bedtime, I put Faith in the bed and Hannah Grace was still throwing up, so she and I were going to sleep in the living room.

Around 10:30pm, I was helping Hannah Grace and I heard a terrible sound - it was Faith getting sick.

We are up to three family members sick.

All through the night Hannah Grace and Faith would take turns getting sick. I guess I can take that as a blessing that they weren't sick at the same time. Travis is still sick in the bedroom.

At about 2am - I hit a breaking point, I didn't know if I was going to make it or not. I wasn't feeling too well myself, but every time I felt sick, I just prayed and asked the Lord to take it away.

Around 4am, everyone had stopped throwing up and was asleep, I finally laid down to catch a little bit of sleep, only to wake up at 6am as I was running to the bathroom.

Yes, four family members sick!

We were rescued by a neighbor who took Samuel to school. The other three had stopped throwing up, but were so exhausted they just stayed in the bed and on the couches. Mine finally passed yesterday afternoon.

If there is anything good about this virus or whatever it was, it only lasted about 12 hours.

Whew, that brings us up to today. We are all feeling better and have each eaten a little something; It seems to have passed through us all. Big Daddy also had it yesterday.

We pray that we haven't passed to anyone else. Have a great day!

No comments: