Thursday, May 03, 2007

Mother's Day Brunch


This morning I had the honor of attending a Mother's Day Brunch with Hannah Grace at her school. It was such a special time. When I arrived at her classroom she met me at the door and showed me to our seat, she even pulled the chair out for me. Waiting for me was a Mother's Day Card, a handmade corsage, and a book titled "My Mommy is Special" that she had also made. Inside the book was a set of questions that her teacher had asked her, here are a few:

My Mom is 5 years old


My Mom cooks chicken the best.


My Mom is happy when I give her flowers.


My Mom is pretty when she puts make-up on.


Also in the book was a wonderful picture of me that she had drawn.


Before we headed to the Fellowship Hall, Miss Donnette read us I Love You Forever, which always makes me cry.

After we had admired our beautiful gifts, we went to enjoy our brunch. The tables were decorated with a placemat with Hannah Grace's handprints and a flowerpot that she had painted with her fingerprints. Hannah Grace was so sweet this morning, she was such a little lady, she waited on me hand and foot, she even took my plate and cup the trash can for me. She has been looking forward to this day for weeks now. With three kids, sometimes it seems that one child is being left out, so it was nice to have this time for just her and I.

Hannah Grace at Mother's Day Brunch

My Little Lady


Hannah Grace and fingerprint flowerpot

After bruch, we were treated to two songs from all the children. Hannah Grace was about to burst with excited to sing (I will share the video with you tomorrow for our Friday Family Funny).
I left there with tears in my eyes because of the wonderful time I had been treated to.

No comments: