Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Garmet of Praise

Sorry there was no Friday Family Funny last Friday. Just keep reading and we will get there.

Friday morning I was not feeling to "funny", I was feeling pretty down. Travis was gone out of town again and this time he was in Orlando, FL. I was already missing him and getting to the end of the rope (which should have been longer than it was) with being home alone with kids and I get a call from him from Downtown Disney and then I get another call from my In-Laws who were in the mountains for the week-end. So Friday morning, I was having the biggest pity party for myself - poor old me left all alone all the time...You should have been here, it was a big party!
Thankfully, the Lord showed me I had to leave the party and make the best of it and it ended up being a great week-end with the kids. He put on my garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness (Isaiah 61:3).

On Friday afternoon after I picked Samuel up from school we had a celebration supper at Chuck-E-Cheese, celebrating Samuel making 6th grade chorus. There weren't many people there and we had a great time eating pizza and playing games.

On Saturday morning we spent the morning cleaning the house and then at lunch we had a picnic at the park and spent the afternoon playing and taking a long walk in the woods."Help I'm Stuck"

Everything is so green around here now, it is beautiful

Here's the picture of the week-end to make-up from the missed Friday Family Funny. I was trying to get a picture of my three sweet kids and Faith just couldn't wait anymore, she HAD to go potty.

Here they are after we took a potty break in the woods

Faith was at the bottom of the hill saying, "I just can't take another step!"

Poor Little Faith

Once she found this "perfect walking stick" she could continue our walk.

On Saturday evening, our friends from church came over and played while their Mommy and Daddy went out to eat. It was nice to see other people besides the four of us.

Travis got home Saturday evening and all was better.

When I look back at how down and I was and how there are others who are away from their husbands much long than I am, I start to say I have no right to feel so bad and then I am also reminded that God cares about me as much as he does others and that He gives us each the strength go face the times He allows us to go through. I just have to use those times to look to God and to pray for those I know who are facing the same trials.

1 comment:

Andrew and Leigh said...

Loved your post! I can identify with those feelings. We're coming to S'burg for a few weeks. We'd love to see you.
Blessings,
LT