Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The Last Two Weeks

I know I pretty behind in updating the blog, I'm sorry.


Travis has been gone for the past couple of weeks. It started with a training session. During that week-end, the church I work for had a Community Fun Day. It was a great day of fun for the kids.

Here is one of favorite pictures from the day. The church I work for has such a missions heart and this just show how they reach out and have fun while doing it.

When Travis returned from his trip on Saturday night, he began leading worship for a revival. We all went with him on Sunday. It was a great day of worship. Then on Sunday afternoon we stayed at a Lake House of a church member to rest. And was it a wonderful afternoon of rest - it came up a rain storm and it was wonderful to lay on the couch and watch (and sleep) the rain hit the water. It was wonderful! After the rain, Samuel headed out to do a little fishing.


The Pastor of the church has two girls that are about the same ages of our girls and the four of them had such a good time playing together.

God really blessed during the week the revival. He was so good to allow me to play for Travis on Sunday evening. I was so great to play for him again - I didn't realize that I missed it so much.


On that Wednesday evening, the kids Awana groups sang in church.


The revival was over on Wednesday night and Travis headed out to Seattle on Thursday afternoon. The kids and I rested on Thursday evening and then on Friday afternoon headed to Memama and Granddaddy's to celebrate an early Mother's Day week-end with her.

I will save those pictures for another post.

Thanks to those who prayed for us during the "eleven day stretch" that Travis was away. We missed him so much and I think he missed us too (we hope he did). We made it - although at one point on Sunday afternoon on the way home it didn't think I was going to make it. The Lord saw us through!

No comments: