Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dreams Do Come True


When we moved from Kentucky to North Carolina, we would meet up with friends in Pigeon Forge each year. I always had a great time with my friends, but the thing I remember most was how much fun our parents seemed to have - staying up late drinking coffee, laughing, getting up early and drinking more coffee. I can remember even then thinking about how much fun it would be to do the same with my husband and friends one day.

That dream came true over this past week-end. We spent Memorial Day week-end in Harmon's Hideaway in Pigeon Forge, TN. Now, Travis kids me, but I am a lot like Clark Griswold - I build things up in my head and have visions of the way things should be that really no family can live up too. But, I have to say, my visions and day dreams of how this past week-end would go were BETTER than I had ever hoped for. We spent late nights (we did trade the coffee for Diet Dr. Pepper) talking, laughing and even crying. We spent early mornings, but not too early, having breakfast and talking and relaxing some more.

Anyway, I have lots of pictures to share with you and can't wait for you to see what fun we had!

I just want to take this moment to thank the Lord for the friends that he has given Travis and I and our family. We are blessed beyond measure!!!!!

We love you guys and can't wait till next year's trip...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am glad you had a good time with good friends... I know how good it feels to be blessed that way. It truly is refreshing!

Anonymous said...

That is a really nice cabin, too!

The Sparks said...

Yes, Kristi the cabin was great! It had three bedrooms with a KING bed for each of the couples and then a loft with a double bed and twin bed for the boys and then another room for the girls with two twin beds and one girl in the floor. The three girls had so much fun in their room. They would just stay in there and play Barbie's and read - they pretended they were on a campout.

We talked about it begin big enough for the Sparks, but I think it is one bedroom short for our BIG clan!