Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday Family Funnies

OK - I am having terrible trouble with my internet so I can't upload any pictures with this post. I was going to share with more picture from our week-end in Orlando...check back sometime over the week-end and hopefully I will get them uploaded.

Anyway, we visited a church this past Wednesday night that does Awana. Samuel has done Awana before, but we really had taken it for granted and not really thought about the girls never really doing any type of "program" at church. Because of their age there has really never been anything for them.

When we picked the girls up and were heading home. Faith could not stop talking; everything she said was one long sentence.

"Mommy, we played in the gym and um, Daddy, I got to run and um, I went to class and um, we talked about Jesus and um, I got a sucker and um, Mommy and Daddy, if I come back next week I get a badge and coat!"

If you know Faith, I'm sure you can hear her now - getting louder and more excited the more she told us.

It was so good to hear our kids excited about going to church. Of course, Samuel doesn't want to visit anymore - he has found where he wants to stay. Hannah Grace had a great time too, but she didn't say as much as Faith. She takes things in and thinks about them a lot before she will say much.

Travis and I enjoyed the prayer service. The pastor took special time in the service to pray for rain. All day yesterday as it was pouring and I was getting soaking wet putting the girls in the van at school, I was tempted to complain, but the reminded me to thank Him for answering the prayers of His people.

Please pray that God would direct Travis and I to the church He would have our children and where we are to serve and worship Him.

Have a great week-end and check back for me photos - some of them are pretty funny too...

2 comments:

Jerry & Kerrie said...

I will keep ya'll in my prayers, I hope you find the church god has in mind you. I know you will!!
love ya Kerrie

The Rackroom Crew said...

I hope you find the place God wants you to be. We missed you and the family at church yesterday, it just didn't seem right the gang wasn't together. We will keep you in our prayers.