Thursday, October 11, 2007

Let's Play Catch-Up

Like I said last Friday, I have been having trouble with my internet connection, but for right now it is working, so let's play catch-up...
On the Thursday Travis and I left for Orlando, it was 50's day at Samuel's school.

Doesn't he look cool?

It was Western Day for Faith.

And of course, we couldn't leave Hannah Grace out!

After Travis did his visit with the church, he and out had a romantic dinner, just the two of us (really just the two of us - there was no one else in the Japanese Steak House) - it was great fun!

On Friday morning we headed across the street to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. Now remember, just a few months ago we were in Orlando visiting Disney World - crowds and people everywhere. On this morning, we walked right in and jumped right on the Hulk Ride, no waiting just hopped right on. What a way to start the morning...

We rode a few other things and then rode Duley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls. Travis sat in the front seat and protected me and the other two folks that we riding with us from the water.

I laughed and laughed, which I should not have done...

Next we rode Popeye's & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barge. Not fun! We got soaked - I mean there was not a stitch of clothing on either of us that was dry. I guess it that was my pay back for laughing so hard at Travis.

Here we are with "Sam Am I" shortly after the ride.

Seuss Landing was my favorite part of the park - here we are with The Cat in the Hat. The girls were so excited that we got to meet The Cat in the Hat and others.

By lunch time we had rode everything in Islands of Adventure and headed over the Universal Studios where we met Shrek and Donkey.

We stayed at Universal Studios until about 5pm and really rode everything we wanted to. After we rode Revenge of The Mummy, I told Travis that I believed that I had rode enough thrill rides to last me a while and I was ready to go.

On Saturday we didn't have anything planned until that evening - we slept late and drove around trying to fine a Wal-mart and even took a nap that afternoon.

That evening we went to The Pirate Adventure Dinner Show - it was a lot of fun. Here's Captain Travis...


We had a great time away and the girls had fun at Memama's and Granddaddy's and Samuel spent the week-end with Grammy and Big Daddy and had fun with football and a birthday party.

Thanks again to everyone who helped us out with the kids.

It was fun to be away from the kids and act like kids ourselves...

One last picture of our Thing 1 and Thing 2

4 comments:

emily said...

oooohhhhhhh! i can't wait for our trip to disney next month with no kids... and your post just made me even more excited!!! glad you had a good time. how would you compare mgm to universal (can't remember if y'all did mgm this summer...). i have a free ticket to universal, but we were planning on doing mgm. do you have an opinion on which one's better?

Anonymous said...

Did Eric and I ever tell you what happened to us when we were in the Cat & the Hat ride?

The Sparks said...

Emily...I'm so excited for you, you will have so much fun!

I think Universal has more rides than MGM, but the few rides that MGM has I think are better than the ones at Universal. I don't think either of them are great for little kids.

Just a note, Universal is having the Halloween Nights of Horror and a few of the rides are closed just for that event at nights. I'm not sure if it is every night or just week-end, I would check the web-site. And let me tell you, if the halloween sets inside the park weren't weird and scary enough the people going into the park in the evening were. There were some scary looking people going into the park.

Anyway, I hope you have a great time. Take your camera (is that a stupid comment of what?) anyway, everywhere there are characters (at both places)the people with the characters will take your picture and then you don't have to buy them.

Kristi...I have never heard the story about you and Eric on the Cat and the Hat.

Sherry and Ryan said...

Trav - holy cow, you are taller than Sherk! I thought he was a giant. LOL

Hope yall are doing well. Sounds like your trip was awesome. Maybe one day my family can meet your family - not the whole griswald family - for a vacation. Ha - that would be so much fun!

Talk to ya soon

Ryan