Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Disney Vacation 2007 - Day 3

I know, I know...I have been terrible in telling you about our vacation; but since we have been home it feels like I haven't stopped for anything. With work, keeping the house straight, Travis' travels, things at church...I don't feel like I have caught up from being gone a week yet, and it is almost a month later.
With school starting in a couple of weeks, my immediate goal is to get the house in order so we all can stay organized with three in school.
Anyway, I'm sorry.


On Day 3 (Tuesday, July 16th) of our Disney Vacation, we spent the day at MGM Studios. The first stop was Tower of Terror. Grammy and I sat with the kids, because neither of us had a desire to ride that ride. (Somehow, Travis got me on it later in the week, but I will share that with you in another post.) The next ride was Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith. I did ride this one and it was great. The take off literally takes your breath away. Somehow, Cindy convinced Uncle Dick (who is in his 70's) to get on this ride with them. When Uncle Dick got off the ride, he was soaked from head to toe and it's not a water ride. We can laugh at it now, but it scared them at first. He said his heart got to racing and he was sweating - he thought he was having a heart attack. Needless to say, Uncle Dick didn't ride that ride anymore.

We also saw the High School Musical Pep Rally.



We had two different lunch reservations. Amanda, Les, Seth, Cindy, Emma, and Luke and us had lunch with some characters from Playhouse Disney and the rest of the group ate at the Prime Time Cafe. They had a great time. I heard that chewing gum was not allowed at the table and you had to keep your elbows off the table; at our table on the other hand was singing and dancing. Marc Andre did such a great job of cleaning his plate that the waiter hung it on the wall, but Samuel didn't clean his plate and "Mama" sent what he didn't eat back to him for his dessert, covered in whipped cream and sprinkles. All of them said, they had such a great time.


It was so hot, that most everyday we all went back to the hotel to either take a nap (that's what I did) or go swimming. So, Tuesday was not any different.

We went back to MGM Studies that night to see their light show. It was by-far the best of all the parks. Travis kept saying - "This is cool", "Look honey, they are projecting on water" and I would say, "That's great honey - what do you mean they're projecting on water? Why don't you call Robbie, I know he will think it is cool!" It was pretty cool!

So that's our second day at Disney. I hope I haven't bored you.

Hannah Grace in her Mouse Ears; this is how she looked everytime she went out - hat, sunglasses, bookbag, and fan around her neck.


*I talked about our lunch reservations, for those who are thinking about going to Disney anytime soon, you must do the Meal Plan, it was great. Each day we received a "Quick Service" which is a counter service meal, a "Table Service" which included appetizer, entree, drink and dessert for each person, with tip included and a snack (drink, popcorn, ice cream etc.). This was included in the price of our entire vacation, so we paid for it along the way and meals were paid for when we got there. It was great; it was more food than we would have gotten if we would have been paying for it that meal.

No comments: