Friday, April 21, 2006

Thankful!

Most of our Friday Families Funnies will be coming from Samuel. He is always saying something that cracks us up. But, today I was reminded again of how precious he is to me.

As I pulled into the parking lot at his school this afternoon I was followed by four police cars and the police telling everyone to stay in their cars and the school was in "lock-down". I cannot explain the sick feeling that came over me. All that I could think about was my son in that school. After a couple of minutes (which seemed like an eternity) another police office pulled up and I ask him what was going on, he was nice enough to assure me all the children were fine, but something had gone on with a man and women. Still, the school was in "lock-down" but, in just a few moments there he was - MY SON! What a feeling of joy and thankfulness! I praise God this afternoon for keeping Samuel safe. He's growing up so fast and I thank God for reminding me how precious he is to me and what a blessing and task God has given to me by giving me Samuel (and Hannah Grace and Faith).



1 comment:

Darlene Schacht said...

My first time here. You must have been nervous! About two years ago, my friend called saying that her teenager called from the high school on a cell phone saying that the school was in lock down because someone had a gun. We all started praying. It turns out that someone brought a toy gun to school for a prank. Praise God!