Wednesday, August 20, 2008

They Are Coming!

I learned something last week - you can not wash and dry a memory card reader and expect it to work the next day.

So, that is why I can't show you any pictures from the first day of school yesterday.

It was a good day. We began our drop-off's at 7:00am and then once the kids were all at school Travis and I had breakfast together and spent the day together. It's a tradition that I hope can continue every year.

Our round of pick-ups began at 1:30 and ended 3:30 - I have the funniest picture of Seth that really shows how we all felt by the time Bubba was getting into the car; come back Friday for that.

And to top it off - Samuel had his first football practice last night. The girls enjoyed playing on the playground, but Samuel had a pretty rough practice to start with. The summer of relaxing has now caught up with him.

I have to tell you I had some moments of tears yesterday, but none more special than last night. Samuel was having trouble finishing his lap around the field and was about to and wanting to give up. His Daddy, my wonderful husband, got on the field with him and ran/walked along side him until they both finished. Oh my goodness did the tears start to fall. I am so thankful that God has given me a husband who is such a wonderful Daddy.

Well, I did not intend for this post to be this long. But, I do promise, the pictures are coming!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

HOW SWEET is that. It brings tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing.

The Rackroom Crew said...

He's just an old softie, Kinda like his Uncle Rick.
Love ya'll
Cindy