Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten

Yesterday, my first little girl began kindergarten. She couldn't wait to get to bed on Monday night and was up with the first time told on Tuesday morning; she has been counting down the days for the past two weeks. I know she is going to do great! So now, I'll let the pictures do the talking.Here's Hannah Grace ready to go! can't you tell by the look on her face?This is one of my favorite photos from the day - Daddy walking daughter down the same hallway he walked down at her age.One more picture before we went in her classroom.Finding her cubby.This is where my tears began - Hannah Grace hugged each of us by. As you can tell, Faith is not too sure about leaving her sister.

The tears continued to fall as I watched my little girl stand with her class and say the Pledge and have a moment of silence. We are so thankful for the teacher and principle at Hannah's school; I know during that moment of silence they were both praying for my child. At this point, I had to leave before I made a fool of myself.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

From what I hear she will do GREAT with Mrs. Wilson. How exciting and sad at the same time.