Friday, February 08, 2008

Friday Family Blessings

Travis and I both said that this morning instead of our Friday Family Funny we need to give praise and glory to our Lord for the blessings he has given us over the past couple of days.

Tuesday night at Upward we were given order forms for pictures that will be taken tomorrow. This week is what we call a "non-pay week" which means that I only got paid this week and I wasn't sure how we were going to afford pictures for three kids on Saturday. Travis called Wednesday morning and said, "The Lord is good, He has provided our yearly bonus this morning and I wanted to let you know so you wouldn't worry about the pictures on Saturday." So that was our first blessing.


With that bonus we were also able to get a new living room suit - that was much needed. We are all very excited about new couch and love seat!
I will tell you a funny story about putting the couch together. Once the couch was delievered, Travis had to go back to work for a meeting and I was left with the old couch in the garage and the new set on it's side, without feet, in the living room. So, I decided, I could put the feet on - my Dad and Step-Dad are both very "handy men" and I was by their sides growing up. I was using the electric screwdriver to put the screws in each of the feet. After I put the first screw in, with a big smile on his face Samuel said - "Mommy you are your Daddy's daughter - you can use tools!"
So, we are very thankful for our new couch and loveseat and tables!
Our second and third blessings came this morning.
One of the tires on the van has seemed to be slowly leaking during the week, but we couldn't fine anything in the tire, so we just kept putting air in it and checking it. On the way out the door this morning, Samuel informed me that he needed make-up sponges for drama class today and we were rushing out the door and yep - a flat tire on the van. We jumped in the car - which had NO gas - and headed to the store to get make-up sponges and a gas card. As we were heading back to the car, a van stopped to let us cross the parking lot. In that van was our neighbors (we pick each other's kids up sometimes). I asked her if she could take Samuel to school and told her that the Lord has sent her our way.
As I was heading back to the house, Travis was pulling out of the neighborhood to see if the tire store up the road was open yet. I followed him to the tire store to find that they didn't open until 9am - it was 7:30am. We were getting ready to put fix-a-flat in the tire and what did the Lord send? He sent a man who works at the store who was coming in early! Praise the Lord!
By this time we had found a screw in the tire. He was able to patch the tire right then and only charged us $10.
So today we are thanking God for the blessings He has sent our way in the forms of meeting financial needs, neighbors and a man at a tire store!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay - wonderful blessings!!! We are so happy for you guys. The couches are really nice. I bet the kids are enjoying the change. I hope Faith is feeling better n ow.

The Rackroom Crew said...

Always Keep the FAITH, Thanks for the praises this morning.

Anonymous said...

Don't you just LOVE how God is ALWAYS a step ahead of us?! Always. Glad He provided for you guys.

Stephanie said...

Wow. You brought tears to my eyes. As I sit here and think about how we are going to pay for the baby's school next year you have reminded me that I need to relax and put my faith in God. I want Addison to go to Boiling Springs First Baptist Church for Preschool because the Covenant is full and she is on the waiting list. But anyway you have reminded me that I need to stop working and be thankful for the things we have.