Friday, September 01, 2006

Friday Family Funnies

I struggled today with what "Funny" to tell. I couldn't really think of anything that had happened this week. So, I decided to share with you the "Funny" that the Pastor of the church where I am working shared in the Newsletter this month.

A man was walking through the Sahara desert, desperate for water, when he saw something, far off in the distance. Hoping to find water, he walked toward the image, only to find a little old woman sitting at a card table with a bunch of neckties laid out on it.

The thirsty man asked, "Please, I'm dying of thirst, can I have some water?" The woman replied "I don't have any water, but why don't you buy a tie? Here's one that goes nicely with your outfit."

The man shouted, "I don't want a tie Lady, I need water!" "Okay, don't buy a tie. But to show you what a nice person I am, I'll tell you that over that hill there, about four miles, is a nice restaurant. Walk that way, they'll give you all the water you want."

The dehydrated soul thanked the woman and walked away toward the hill and eventually disappeared. Three hours later he returned crawling back to where the woman was still sitting behind her card table. She said "I told you, about four miles over that hill. Couldn't you find it?"

The man rasped, "I found it all right. They wouldn't let me in without a tie."

Sometimes God prompts us to do something that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. We rationalize, argue, and complain, but in the end we discover that we should have simply listened and obeyed. 2 Corinthians 5:7 reminds us that "we walk by faith, not by sight".

Have a good week-end!

No comments: