Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Works-For-Me-Wednesday

I'm going to try something new today. Shannon over at Rocks In My Dryer host Works-For-Me-Wednesday, and I thought I would join along for the week.


My family and I love to make Shoebox Gifts for Samartian's Purse Operation Christmas Child. I shop all year long for my gifts for the shoebox (after Christmas, Easter etc.) and we try to include school supplies in each, right now all the stores have their glue sticks, pencils, pens, paper - Everything - on sale.

Our van loaded down with our churches OCC Shoebox Gifts, last year.

So there you go, buy your school supplies for your Shoebox Gift in August when they are on sale.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to WFMW! I need to get out for those school sales, because school doesn't start here for weeks.

Susanne said...

I shop all year long for this too! Welcome and thanks!

Lori said...

Yep, great idea. Will do.

Eagles Wings said...

Great Idea thanks for that one. I love to do shopping on sale and didn't think about that one..
Blessings

Mama Duck said...

Wowie, look at all that! Great idea!

Beck said...

Oh, that's such a good idea! We tend to shop for Christmas Child right before we send the boxes out, but how much more meaningful would it be to do it year round? Good suggestion!

Anonymous said...

That IS a great idea! I didn't even think about getting the stuff in August! I'll have to go stock up. One of my friends from FL does a box a month with her daughter as an activity, and she said they love to do it and see all 12 of their boxes at the end of November ready to go. Great ideas :)

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

great idea to hit the school sales for OCC! Thanks!

Joanne Casale Viskup said...

You will love WFMW! Beautiful sight all those gifts.

Hey - i noticed your ticker. First time to Disney? I am a bit of a Disney freak and have tons of tips.
It's our favorite place.

Feel free to e-mail me!

Lori said...

Good thinking! We love to do the shoe boxes. I hadn't thought of shopping ahead.