Friday, July 21, 2006

Friday Family Funnies - Just Another Day in the Sparks Home!


Most of you remember our troubles with our above-ground pool. Well, we still have not taken the pool down - we have been waiting on the insurance and then it has been so hot.

Anyway, Travis and I were working a little bit on it Tuesday night. I had climbed under the deck to get "inside" the pool. While climbing under the deck I disturbed a wasp nest and was stung on the rear in. Travis was on the deck fixing the girl's plastic table. My rear in was hurting and I had ask Travis to come look at it to make sure it wasn't swelling too bad. He took one step - one step through the deck! His size 14 foot went straight through a board of the deck and hit the ground with such force that it jerked his body forward and he hit the front of his head on the deck. As I said, I was "inside" the pool and had disturbed a wasp nest and could not climb back under the deck to get to him to help him. So, he pulled his leg back through the deck and waited for me to find a way out of the pool. Samuel rescued me and brought me a step stool. Once I was out of the pool, we were able to walk into the house.

As of today, Travis' leg is doing alright. It is pretty scrapped up and still a little swollen from what we think is just pulled muscles.

O well, it's just another day in the Sparks Home!

3 comments:

The Addison Onion said...

YES! It made the blog!! I told Travis that the quote of the day yesterday sure was, "I wasn't here for devotions, because I fell through the deck!" HA HA!! Not a quote that all people can say!

Glad yall are okay!

Charlie Wilborn (just an everyday guy) said...

cool beans!! You got a neat blog setup. I'll be reading yours too.

Anonymous said...

Are you scrapbooking all of this? I'm sure you are - but just in case someone forgets this, you definitely need to do that!