Monday, July 31, 2006

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, It's Off To Work I Go...

For a couple of months now, Travis and I (and many other's) have been praying about me going to work outside of the home. I have been blessed to be able to stay home for nine years and have loved it. I thank Travis for always being supportive of me staying home and he has worked so hard to make that possible. But, one of the many great things about him is that when I began to talk about going to work outside of the home, he was supportive of that too.

In a couple of weeks, I will begin working as part-time secretary of a church here in town. I am very excited about this job! I will be able to work outside of the home in the mornings and still be home in the afternoons to pick Samuel up from school and help him with his homework and get supper ready. The Lord has provided for the girls to stay with my sister-in-law, plus this allows her the wonderful chance to stay home with her baby. The Lord has been wonderful to work out so many details in His time. Please pray that we as a family will adjust well to these changes.


---------

Now a bit of mushy comments:

Yesterday at church a dear sweet lady came up to me to offer encouragement about how things were going at church and what the Lord was showing her. In her talking to me she said, "The way you look at Travis when he is leading in worship, it is wonderful" I responded, "I'm in love". She told me that it showed and it was wonderful to see.

I am in love.

I'm in love with my husband!

God has given me the wonderful opportunity to stand beside him each week as he leads us to worship Christ. I thank God for allowing Travis and I to be in church ministry together, we have always seen his jobs in church as our ministry, not just his. I thank God for allowing me to be Travis' helpmate not just at home, but in the church also.

I pray that it can always be seen on my face that I'm in love!

1 comment:

Charlie Wilborn (just an everyday guy) said...

Congratulations on your new job. I know you will be an asset to that church.