Friday, June 23, 2006

Amazing Family

I have married into the most amazing family. I have watched a family who has pulled together once more to help each other. Thanks for your prayers today for Travis' Aunt and Uncle. They are doing pretty well. The front outside structure of their house is standing, but everything else in the house is a total loss. What the fire, smoke, and water did not damage - the rain this afternoon did.

They are not sure what started the fire at their house around 2 am this morning, but it started on their outside deck and the dogs woke Aunt Cindy up and she got the girls, Ashley and Kerrie, and their dogs out of the house. Once the fire hit the back door it spread straight up to the attic. All the ceiling fell in, but two rooms. Fire destroyed the attic and water and the ceiling falling in destroyed everything else.

God has already provided for them in so many ways. God has provided a house for them to live in and money to buy the cloths and things they need.

While the fire was still raging a Fireman came and ask Aunt Cindy if there was anything inside that she wanted. She told him there was only two things she wanted - she wanted her wedding dress (she had it out because Kerrie is getting married one year from today and is going to wear her dress) and their Bibles. He asked again, "Is that all you want?" She responded, "Our Bibles are all we really need - that's all I need".

Wow!

I cannot begin to explain this family - the legacy of Nannie and Pop's lives was displayed today as I watched them deal with another tragedy. They displayed such love, peace, and grace that only God can give. At different times today I saw each of them, Rick, Cindy, Ashley, and Kerrie, show concern for someone else. For example, Aunt Cindy had found some Brown Drip Pottery that I collect at a yard sale last week. As I was leaving this morning - she gave me that pottery. She was worried that it would get broke and wanted to make sure I got it. I pray that Travis and I can teach our children such grace and love for others because of their love for Christ.

Please continue to pray for them as they begin to clean and move things and deal with all the many other things that need to be taken care of.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alyssa, Please let everyone know that we are ok and that we have a place to stay, we still need a few material things but we have what is important to us--- each other and God's Grace, I know that my Lord and Savior is the one that has taken care of us and will contuine. Please keep us in your prayers today has we go back to our home to see what can be saved, I know that when I see some of the things that were damaged that we will be upset, pray that we remember that they are just Things and keep us focused on doing what the Lord has in store for us. Love to all Aunt Cindy
PS I have had the email cut off at home if need us or want to email us please send to cford@larriestrophies.com or to ashley's school email.
Thanks again for your prayers Cindy

Anonymous said...

I typed the wrong email
cford@larrystrophies.com
sorry

Lori said...

We will be praying for your family as they start over. Their faith is a testimony to God's daily sufficient grace.