Friday, March 09, 2007

One goal down...many more to go

In my family we celebrate our "Born Again Birthday's" and Mama surprises us with something each year. Sometimes it is flowers, others times it is a gift. Well, this year Mama and Eddie surprised me with a sewing machine for my "Born Again Birthday" gift. That was back at Thanksgiving. The sewing machine has just been sitting there, I just could never find the time to use it.


One of my goals for 2007 was to sew something. It really didn't matter what it was - it could have been just a button. I just wanted to sew something. Well, the girls and I were at Wal-mart and we saw this adorable pre-smocked material to make dresses. The girls each picked the material they wanted and I was determined that I could do this. I finished a dress for Faith (even with enough material to make a dress for her Baby Doll) around midnight, but I have accomplished at least one of my goals - I have sewed something. The dress for Hannah Grace is on my list of things to do tonight. I thank God that He helped me accomplish one of my goals - even it was just as simple to sew something.


1 comment:

emily said...

great job!!!!! the dresses turned out so cute. :)