Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sweet Times With My Kids

My Mother's Day week began with "Breakfast With Mom" with Hannah Grace at her school. Next year Faith will be in school too, so this was the last year I got to celebrate with each of the kids alone. I loved every moment with each of them.On Tuesday morning, I was treated to brunch with Faith. Ever since the first year, it is the event I look forward to the most of preschool. Again, this was another last; I have enjoyed my Mother's Day brunch for three years with Hannah Grace and Faith but their time is up at preschool (sniff...sniff). When I arrived to Faith's classroom, I was to knock on the door and she would come get me. I am so glad I captured her expression as she opened the door.

On the way home from church Travis and I were talking about each of the things I for the week with the girls and he chimed in "When do we get to have breakfast?" So Samuel and I got up Saturday morning and had a Mother's Day date at Chick-fil-a. I was so honored and thrilled that my almost 12-year-old wanted to have breakfast with me.

I enjoyed my alone time with each of them so much, I might just have to figure out a way to have a "date" with each of them the week of Mother's Day next year.

No comments: