Friday, June 27, 2008

Popsicle Praise

We finished up Vacation Bible School last night at church. We had a great week-end, but I am glad to have some down time.

After the Thornley Girls visited with us a few weeks ago, Travis and I decided that for a Family Mission Project for the summer we would send a care package to Andy. When I asked Leigh about it, she told me a few thing and then told me of a great need for phone cards for Andy to give out to solders who come into his office who are down and need to call home. So, I talked with some folks at church and during VBS this week all the money that was given was to be used to buy phone cards to send with the care package. We called it Operation Popsicle, because one of the things Andy is doing to taking Popsicles to the men and women out in the desert while sharing the love and salvation of Christ with them.

A little phrase that Andy and Leigh taught us to use in VBS is Bible, Buddy and Buck; each child was asked to bring their Bible, a Buddy, and a Buck (or any money) to VBS each night. We set a goal of $200 for the week and promised the kids they each would get a Popsicle at the end of week if we met our goal. Praise the Lord - our goal was met and we went over it by about $100! They kids gave around $300,which will get between 50 - 60 and phone cards to send to him. I cry as I type this at what he Lord has done and will do and how wonderful a church He has given us to get behind a ministry that they just learned about through us.

So today instead of Friday Family Funny - I am Prasin' The Lord for Popsicles!

Here are my three silly kids as they enjoy their Popsicles.

No comments: