Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday Family Funnies - I want the pink team to win

Sorry I haven't posted this week, I have spent most of my week at home with Hannah Grace. I had to go pick up her from school early on Tuesday; she wasn't eating, running a fever and just didn't feel well. I took her to the doctor that afternoon. I couldn't see our regular doctor, so I saw her husband. He listen to her breathing and said there was squeaking and rattling in both lungs, but he didn't think is was pneumonia yet. We were sent home with a inhaler and told to watch her and if she didn't get any better by the end of the week to bring her back. I didn't leave there very happy. Since then I have talked to other mom's and nurses and have read some and from what I read and what they have told me, I believe she did have pneumonia. She was having fever and chills, not eating, very, very tired, coughing, breathing hard, wheezing. Anyway, as of this morning she is finally starting to feel some better. She hasn't gone to school any this week and Travis and I have been taking turns taking off of work. We have out first Upward game tomorrow, so we have been praying that she would feel better by then. As of right now, it looks like we will make it.

Anyway, on Tuesday night the girls and I were home watching The Biggest Loser. They were doing a challenge to win phone cards to call their families. Once the game was over the most of the teams were crying, either because they won a phone call or because the didn't win a phone call. I was crying right along with them. Faith turned to me, with big tears in her eyes, and I said, "I wanted the pink team to win, I don't want to watch this anymore!". Funny...to see her (and me) crying over The Biggest Loser and sweet...to see her heart be so tender. Later in the show when the teams were making their phone calls, and crying again, she climbed back in my arms sobbing, and yes I was sobbing right along with her!

Have a great week-end and I can't wait to show you pictures from our first Upward game; all five of us will be in our Upward gear!

No comments: