Tuesday, November 13, 2007

God is Good To Us!

For all you faithful readers (ha! ha!) I'm sorry there was no Friday Family Funny this past Friday, I had a very busy day and didn't get around to it. Funnies will resume this coming Friday.

Back in September I shared much with you and that our family would be looking for a new church home, somewhere where we could worship and be used. We are very excited to tell you that the Lord has led us to New Prospect Baptist Church. The Lord is so good to us! Since the first time we visited there we have all felt at home, seen God working and have loved it. After the first couple of visits, I kept telling Travis I can't believe how well all of us seem to fit in and how we just feel "at home" and then the Lord reminded me that I had prayed that He would show us where to go quickly because I didn't want to drag our kids from church to church to church; He had answered my prayers, again!
Samuel has made friends very quickly - the Youth Minister and Music Minister both have ten year old boys (again, isn't God good?!) The Music Minister also has twin 4-year-old boys that Faith has enjoyed playing with. Hannah Grace is loving going to class and both of them loved Preschool choir on Sunday evening and will be singing in church this coming Sunday morning. Travis and I will be joining the choir on Wednesday evening and we are looking forward to singing in a choir again. My heart is just overflowing with excited at what the Lord has done for our family and how is going to use us.
The Sunday School class that we have been attending had a family night at Lee's Dairy Farm. We had been to Lee's before about 4 years ago, Faith wasn't even walking yet, and then we had the privilege to get to know Robert and Janey Lee while we were at Landrum First Baptist a couple of years ago; their son and his family go to New Prospect.

We had a great time of fellowship and the kids had a wonderful time!



After a soup supper we all went on a hayride to a bonfire to make smores.



Faith loved the marshmallows! If you look closely this on is still on fire...


I didn't leave pictures of Samuel out on purpose, I just don't have any. I couldn't pull him away from playing with his new friends.

Thank you to all those who have been praying for us, we so blessed that God has led to New Prospect. When God brings us to your mind you can now pray that we would continue to listen to Him and serve Him in the ministries He has planned for us.

1 comment:

Jerry & Kerrie said...

I am so glad you have found where you need to be!! Its sounds like a very nice church family... Love ya