Monday, February 26, 2007

One In A Million

I think my mother-in-law is One In A Million. After this past week-end, she is not only One In A Million to me by the way she loves me and helps me and listens to me and many, many other ways; she is One In A Million in the Medical world, too.

This past Thursday, Cathy went in for a routine colonoscopy. Everything with the colonoscopy was fine and after the procedure, Tommy took her home and she rested for about an hour. Her plans were to take a nap, eat a little lunch and then work on a paper that was due. When she woke up from her nap, her side was hurting and then the pain went up to her shoulder. Tommy had read on her discharge papers that if you had pain in your shoulder to call the doctor back. They called the doctor and the doctor told them to come right back to the office. When they got to the office, the doctor sent them directly to the ER. When Cathy arrived in the ER her blood pressure was something like 80/50 - very, very low! The doctor tried a couple of different things but then decided he was going to have to do surgery. Cathy was bleeding from the inside, he just didn't know from where. The doctor ended up having to remove her spleen. When he was doing the colonoscopy, the scope had "pinched" the spleen and the spleen was bleeding out. Once the spleen was removed her blood pressure and vitals began to return to normal. Until yesterday she was in ICU and then was moved to a regular room yesterday. As of this morning, her body was doing just as it needed to and they were going to try some food. If she tolerates the food well, she might be able to go home tomorrow!

It was a very scary week-end. Travis was able go to the ER and be with his mom - I think for a moment everyone thought that she wasn't going to make it, and from talking I think that she had lost so much blood that her body was not far from going into shock.

God had seen this family through another trail and as always, they continue to praise Him and give His the glory for all He has done.

God has blessed me with such a wonderful family and extended family, I can not even put into words how much I love all of them.

To each of you (you know who you are), I LOVE YOU!

And to Cathy, you have always been One In A Million to Me!

Please continue to pray for Cathy, she has a long recovery ahead of her, but she is strong and determined and I know that God will see her and help her gain strength each day.

No comments: