Friday, January 21, 2011

Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies


When Samuel or Travis go on a trip, I usually try to make them so kind of treat to take and share. A lot of times, I make Rice Krispy Treats. Well, since Samuel got his braces on this week, he can't eat yummy marshmallow goodness. I went ahead and made some for him to share but he asked me to make him some Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies.
I'm sure most of reading this, know how to make these super easy and supper yummy cookies, but since this will be passed down to my kids, I thought I would share the recipe.

The recipe for chocolate oatmeal cookies, sometime called "No Bake Cookies" is in just about every cookbook that I have on my shelf, but when I'm making them, I always go for my Seasoned Love cookbook from the Lincoln Inn Restaurant. I helped compile this cookbook when Daddy and Candy owned and ran the Lincoln Inn Restaurant in Stanford, Kentucky. I have many wonderful memories from the Lincoln Inn, from waiting tables and getting a tip of a quarter to learning to cook so many things. Every time I use the griddle at church, I think about my Daddy standing at the griddle at the Lincoln Inn frying up a "Mike's Special", but that's another post!

Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
2 cups sugar
dash of salt
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup milk
4 Tablespoons cocoa

Mix together in a cooking pot and bring to a boil.


Once the mixture comes to a rapid boil, boil for one (1) minute.

After the one minute, add:
3 cups oatmeal
1/4 cup peanut butter
(and I add a splash of vanilla)



Mix together well and drop by spoonsfuls onto was paper.

Let dry and enjoy!

1 comment:

The Rackroom Crew said...

I just love Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie, And I need to look at this cookbook.
Love Aunt Cindy
PS I printing these receipes off and putting in my homemade cookbook