Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fun and Fireworks

While the girls were gone to Kentucky and Samuel was with Big Daddy Travis and I had some much needed time together. This year's travel season has been pretty rough and we have missed our time together, so we were thankful for the time for just the two of us.

Once we got the girl's on the road - we really didn't have any plans; we talked about just getting in the car and driving, but with the the price of gas we decided against that, there wasn't anything going on in town - we really couldn't find much to do...until, we were leaving Costco and I talked my sweet hubby into going and painting pottery with me! As we sat and painted our plate, just the two of us in the entire store, I was giddy with love and I really couldn't believe it. Ever once in a while I would remember what kind of deal I made with him for him to be sitting there with me, but it would pass quickly and the happiness would return. We picked up our plate yesterday and it and didn't turn out as great as we had hoped (the white paint didn't show up) but it was still fun.


Now, when we finished painting, it was time for me to keep my end of the bargain. I had promised Travis if he would paint with me I would go see Indian Jones with him. So off we headed to the movies and our popcorn and diet coke supper. Travis loved the movie and I loved just being with him.


It was nice to sleep as late and we wanted, which was only till about 8:30 (yes, we are getting older and just can't sleep late). Travis cut the grass while I straighten up the the house with out three kids messing it up as soon as I got it clean and then we went to the grocery store, where every other wife had their husbands on their day off.


We spent a restful afternoon with naps on the couch - it was great!


That evening we met up with Big Daddy and Samuel for supper and then went to Big Daddy's church to watch fireworks. I don't know how many of you have ever been up close and personal with a fireworks show, but we can now say we have. Big Daddy and Grammy were not sure what to expect, this was not a "church function", but the fireworks are done in the church parking lot and there were lots and lots and lots of people there. Watch for next years event - I'm sure it will be great.


I have to admit - I was a little over-stimulated by all the noise and fireworks. We were so close, the dust was getting in our eyes, nose and mouth and we were being hit by pieces of the fireworks as they came down. Over-stimulated or not - they were beautiful!

Getting ready...

Samuel came home with us on the 4th and on Saturday we got in the car and just the three of us went to Dollywood. We didn't know how to act, not pushing two strollers into the park. We don't get much time with just Samuel, so it was very nice to have a day with just him. I didn't take too many pictures - I was having too much fun riding all the rides. But here are a few:






I don't like water rides, so I did sit this one out.


It is KidsFest in Dollywood right now and the big show is the Kratt Brothers, from Zoboomafoo. I love the Kratt brothers, so I did take lots of pictures of this show, but I don't want to spoil the surprise for those going back with us later in the month.

So there you go - that was our week-end of fun and fireworks!

No comments: