Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy 4th of July

We hope everyone had a great 4th of July. We enjoyed our day together. We started the day with breakfast with Memama and Granddaddy and a trip to Sam's to get snacks for our Disney trip. I had been wishing for a new camera (mind somtimes just locks up and quits working) to take on vacation. I knew that we couldn't afford if with vacation coming, but I got some birthday money early (I will be spending my birthday this year with Mickey Mouse) and I was able to get a new camera. I am so excited. It has a few more settings than my other one, so the pictures I took yesterday were a test and practice. Thanks, Mama and Eddie - I love you!


Now, on to our day.

After meeting up with Memama and Granddadday we headed to Aunt Cindy's to swim and have lunch. We all had so much fun. Faith is still scared of the water (we are not sure why) and it was a little too deep for Hannah Grace, but she kept trying; She kept saying, "I can do it! I can do it!" as she was going under.


As you can see Samuel had a great time; I think Daddy had more fun dunking him.

After swimming we all went home to take a nap (another practice for the hot afternoons on vacation) so we could watch fireworks later in the evening.

We went to supper and then to Wal-mart for new shoes for Disney and got sparklers. I had invisioned my three children running in the yard laughing and smiling, waving their sparklers while Travis and I sat on the porch holding hands enjoying our children. What a dream, huh?

When we walked outside it was like we had walked into a war zone. Fireworks were going off everywhere around us, and I mean everywhere.

In reality, it wasn't my dream, but it was fun. The kids enjoyed the sparkers for the most part...


No comments: